Saturday, October 13, 2012

Hello Fresh: Meal Three

Pan-Fried Salmon with Homemade Guacamole and New Potatoes

Our third meal from Hello Fresh (check out One and Two here) was Pan-Fried Salmon with Homemade Guacamole and New Potatoes.

This was the easiest one yet, simply boiling potatoes, frying salmon, mashing some avocado and flash frying the spinach to wilt it - I can handle that.

Again the instructions for cooking the salmon were flawless (4 mins in a frying pan, skin side down followed by 4-5 mins under the grill and then a teaspoon of butter in the pan to finish). I often don't eat the skin because it gets soggy whilst cooking but this time it was crispy and delicious. It probably helped what good quality the fish was though - apparently it's from the same supplier the Queen uses, and you can tell. The guacamole was also lovely with the addition of red onion and chilli.

The salmon - from the Queen's fishmonger

Guacamole

Now, I had my portion problem again. I'm pretty sure it's just me. Looking back at photos I feel pathetic that I could barely eat half of it and left all three potatoes. I think there's a certain element of not wanting to eat your own cooking (does anyone else get that?) but I used the left overs to my advantage this time and saved some of the spinach back to make a salad for lunch the next day.

The final plate

1 comment:

  1. All Looks GREAT!! I guess there's no chance of them delivering to Spain !! Shame.... :(

    ReplyDelete