Monday, October 15, 2012

Hello Fresh: Meal Four

Chicken Pilaff with an Air of Pistachio

Our fourth dish (check out one, two and three here) was Chicken Pilaff with an Air of Pistachio and it is my favourite one! We actually made this dish veggie in the end because our stupid, dysfunctional fridge (that can barely be described as a fridge since it's more like VERY slightly chilled room temperature) made the chicken thighs go off. Annoying. But regardless, I really, really enjoyed this meal and would probably keep it veggie next time too. Even my carnivorous boyfriend liked it. It'd be great as a side dish as well, or to take to a BBQ in the summer.

Chopped

The chopping took me a little while but the overall cooking time was the quickest yet. I think I must just be getting used to this style of cooking.

Pomegranates 

Dressing

I don't usually think to put pomegranates in a savoury dish but it was a lovely, fresh addition, I'll definitely be using it in other recipes.

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record now but the portion size was definitely too big again. It was fine though, we just kept some back to eat for lunch the next day.

Check back tomorrow for our fifth and final meal from Hello Fresh!

The final plate

1 comment: